What to Bring

What to Bring

Food, beverages, camera, insect repellent, sunscreen, towels, sunglasses, toiletries, paper products (paper towels & plates), and snacks. Also you need to bring drinking water for your stay.  Also bring clothing for any season including rain gear, fishing gear including hats/caps.  The weather can change hourly and daily.  We supply clean linens with pillows and toilet paper.  

Don’t forget to bring/or get your Ontario Fishing Outdoors Card and current Ontario fishing license.  And most important passport or passport card.

There are two grocery stores in Ear Falls for all of your grocery needs.

Parents with underage children – bring a birth certificate.  If bringing underage children into Canada, a notarized permission slip from both parents is recommended. 

Hunters bring licenses from the previous year or hunters safety certificate.  

Fishing Gear Not Provided – fish nets, life jackets, and fish stringers.  We do provide minnow buckets for minnows that are sold onsite.  

If you forget something, one of us usually goes to Ear Falls on Tuesdays.  

Do Not Bring to Bluffy Lake Lodge (Due to use of Diesel Generator)

  • Electric Deep Fat Fryers
  • Electric Frying Pans / Skillets

Do Not Bring Into Canada 

  • Handguns 
  • Stun guns 
  • Mace/pepper spray
  • Live minnows or leeches
  • Radar detectors

The Border Crossing

The drive into Canada and to our fishing lodge is easy.  At the border, you could be asked questions such as:  

  • What is your purpose in visiting Canada?  
  • Are you bring alcohol into Canada? 
  • Are you transporting firearms into Canada?

If you have a D.U.I, D.W.I., or felony, you may be denied entry into Canada. Here is a website to visit to help.  https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility.html

For more information on passports –  https://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

For more information on entering Canada – https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/gbi-rgf-eng.html

Canada Customs phone number 888-226-7277

To renew outdoor card or purchase licenses online – www.ontario.ca/page/fishing

Secured By miniOrange